The EMLE thesis is a significant part of your studies and your final grade.
The timeline below underlies the writing process.
1. Mid-January: Two thesis proposals of 300 words each must be submitted to be discussed at the midterm meeting.
2. Mid-February: Thesis meeting with professors of the 3rd term university. Topic and title are fixed.
3. End of February: Contact information for the supervisor is sent out.
4. Mid-August: Deadline thesis sumission.
5. Mid-October: Grade deliberations.
6. November: Final grades are published. Provisional certificates are sent out.
7. Mid-February of the following year: Degree ceremony.
"As the senior member of the current class, I have a great many more miles on me than do my EMLE colleagues, yet would still say that this has been one of my great life experiences. I had the pleasure of living in Rotterdam, Ghent and Haifa; received a world-class education from some of some of the leading scholars in this field; and shared many intellectual discussions and good times with new friends and colleagues from around the world."
With deepest gratitude,
[EMLE Student 2015/2016]